Take a gander at that one.
56% percent of us never use a tub. Combine that number with the next most frequent use (20% for 1 – 2 times use) and it’s 76%. Seventy-six percent!! That’s from a survey just published on Houzz.
I caved to the same prevalent lore spouted by real estate agents for decades: You have to have a tub! Guess how many times I’ve soaked in it since we put it in last year? ONE.
That’s not to say tubs are completely useless. They’re still great for:
- little kids, in the presence of an adult of course
- wet umbrella stashing
- doing dishes while the kitchen is being remodeled
- water storage for emergency prep (don’t laugh – it’s serious business in hurricane zones)
- place of safety for people in tornado territory
And probably a few other totally non standard tub activities like shoe cleaning and dog washing.
So yeah. consider all that next time the bathroom’s up for a re-do. If you have more than one bathroom the money is better spent nixing the tub in one of them. If you have 1 bath, you’re probably stuck with it.